Monday 2 July 2007

Monday morning blues!!




Didn't sleep very well last night. Amelia woke up several times and I just can't get today's meeting off my mind. The Headteacher, the SENCO and Amelia's present LSA will be there and we need to discuss so much, but mainly the statement and how it will affect the level of support Amelia gets in school. At present it hasn't, and the statement has been in place for nearly 7 weeks now. I have fought a year for this, that's a year of my daughters education delayed even further for her, and still nothing is being done. I cannot go through another 6 weeks summer holidays with this hanging over us...on top of that we plan to start building works next MONDAY!!! A mixture of thoughts about that one. Obviously excited beyond words, we anticipate that this extension will improve our family life so much- from bathing Amelia, carrying out her sensory work, her speech & language to helping with independent living skills. We are just bursting at the seams with LEA papers and NHS papers and research about Down Syndrome.....let's just ignore the crafty clutter though!!!! But I am obviously nervous about the financial strain and the additioanl stress the build will cause...LOL...I have enough stress in my life!!

Anyway, I should be preparing the last few bits of paperwork, but decided to have a cuppa and a bit of a break to post the card and toppers I made yesterday. I am going to submit the card as one of the challenges on Just Bex, but not sure which one yet- there are a few challenges that it meets. (using scraps of paper or using flower dies) Got really into using up the scraps and still have more of this paper left, so while I was at it, I decided to make 2 "spare" toppers at the same time. Another card off my to do list too!!!

No comments: