Wednesday 8 August 2007

Dilly Dally Dingle strikes again!!

Buiding work really starting to get to me and getting more frustrated that I am getting nothing done around the house or craft wise!!! (well a few rows of knitting and shuffling a few papers around!) BUT things got thrown all over the place this week when an opportunity arose that was too good not to go for!!
My friend who has a little boy with Down Syndrome called me last week to see if I was interested in my name being put forward as her son's Support Assisitant at nursery. The previous assistant is moving on and someone will be needed for 6 hours a week, term time for the next year until he starts school!! I said yes, but didn't think things would go any further as I have no "professional" childcare experience.
Well on Monday I received a phone call from the nursery and had an interview there yesterday!!! It seems as suiable to my needs as I am ever likely to get. Two days a week, for 3 hours each day. They are flexible about my start time as they know I have got to get Jack to school & go in with Amelia to help her get settled in routine! They also mentioned that I could do an NVQ during that time so that if I decided that I wanted to go down this route... I would have a basic qualification behind me.
It seems ideal to be honest and the staff there seem lovely. Now I am left to sort out finances and see if is actually worth my while once National Insurance, Family Tax credits and travel cost are taken into consideration. At least it would get me out the house for a while and perhaps even give me some of my own identity back that I have lost along the road of motherhood!
( ..and a few more pennies to spend of craft stash!!)

3 comments:

Kate said...

I've given you an award over on my blog. Pop over to receive it.

Classroomfree said...

All sounds great hun, I hope the finances work out agreeable :o)

Hullabaloo said...

Sounds like a great opportunity Dingle and one which will give you a chance to develop your qualifications and give you back a sense of self. You go for it girl!!