Sunday 25 May 2008

Craft withdrawal symptoms!

I haven't managed any crafting this week. I have been working a few extra hours to help cover staff shortages, completed two NVQ assignments and had my first observation assessment visit at the nursery!!

Yesterday we started preparing for the new patio to be laid- at the moment we have a few slabs left in place from when the extesion was built and the rest is just mud and flint!!!! We made the most of the gorgeous weather yesterday by cutting the grass and tidying the borders a bit...still so much work to be done out in the garden but it's all time and money!

Today, however, I am having a bit of a crafty day. Trying to complete a few more of the challenges from the CBC big challenge weekend. So far I have made one LO, I cheated a bit with this as I combined;

CBC CHALLENGE 9 – MEN!! Men huh painful when it comes to card making so to really challenge you I would like a card suitable for a man to include ribbon and a pin !

with todays Recipe challenge on Dotties World -1 or more Charmed Downloads, 1 brad, Ribbon, Hand doodling/writing, Dry embossing or crimping (CB embossing folders etc..)


Here is what I came up with.

This is going to be part of Chris's 40th Birthday gift, the tag is a "voucher" for Chris to take Jack out to a driving range. Chris used to play a lot of golf when I first met him, but now the family just don't allow him the time! I am going to make up another blank LO all ready to scrap a picture of the day they use the "voucher!"

4 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Thats really nice, and the voucher is a fab idea.

tracie said...

fabulous card - I hate doing mens cards, yours is great and such an inspiration :-)x

Chriss Rollins said...

This is loely thanx for sharing..it makes a rather fab gift voucher
chriss n ATC Dottie

Karen Mortensen said...

That's really great!