Wednesday 17 December 2008

Christmas Chaos!!!

How come I started making Christmas cards SO long ago - you'd have thought I would be prepared but oh no, not me! LOL.

I am sorry I have not blogged for a while - just had so much to do! Last week was the start of the chaos really, with Jack being poorly Monday, Jack and Amelia being poorly on Tuesday. As well as fitting work in between too and crafting whenever I got a few spare momnets.

I had Jack's school Carol Concert on Thursday evening and oh wow, I was one very proud mum. He was dressed in a black waistcoat, glittery bow tie, cardboard top hat, with silver tinsel around...carried a cane and was one of a small group of children in his year selected to dance. Oh my god, he was my little Fred Astaire - I couldn't take my eyes off of him!

After that it was one mad rush to get home and pack bags as we were off to Russia with Love on Friday night and the children were off to their Nan & Grandad's for the weekend straight after school on Friday. BUT when does anything ever go to plan - school rang Friday lunchtime-Jack was poorly again and I had to rush in a pick him up. Half the school have gone down with the Flu Epidemic so I dosed him up and got him comfy on the settee while I rushed around. After a lot of talk and umming and arring, the In-Laws still wanted the children so we did get our night out.

Sunday morning, Jack took another turn for the worst and we rushed up to the In-laws to collect them both early.........and only today has he gone back to school. Just waiting for the infants to ring now as Amelia was really grumpy last night, laid in this morning (That NEVER happens) and had a bit of a grotty nose! I just hope she will make it to the end of the week as she still hasn't done her Christmas performance where her class are doing a snowflake dance- and after I cut out all those felt sizzix snowflakes and loving sewed them on with a little sequin and seed bead...I so want to see her perform! Fingers crossed.

Waffle over lets get on and catch up on a bit of crafting....got lots to show!!!!

2 comments:

Pink Feather Paradise said...

This time of year is so frantic and manic, every year I promise myself I will be better prepared but alas i am not...
It will be all worth it in the end, Can't wait to see your creations!

x

Michele Roos said...

I'm still making christmas cards also. I wouldn't mind but I started in october and thought I had plenty of time. Well anyway I have a little something on my blog for you. Hope your children get better soon. Michele x