Monday 9 February 2009

A Copic Colour Challenge!

As you may know if you have read my blog over the last few days, I finally succumed and treated myself to a set of 12 copics which arrived on Thursday......on Saturday a brand new blog challenge gave out details of their first Copic Colour Challenge!!!! Whooo Hooo...how could I resist trying this one out- I need all the practice I can get.


The Colours in Challenge 1 are B28 Royal Blue, V06 Lavender and YR07 Cadmium Orange.
You don't have to use the exact colour, just use the closest you have...you don't even have to use all three. Just as well as with so little to choose from, I did struggle a bit.
I have an orange but the blue is a rather dark blue green and the closest I had to a lavender was the grey!! But I gave it a shot and this is what I came up with!
Colours used were:
E00 Skin white
E21 Baby skin Pink
Y23 Yellow Ochre
YR17 Golden Yellow
YR16 Apricot
C3 Cool gray no.3
BG09 Blue Green
I cheated for the bag and boots and had to go back to my Prismas!
I also tried a dash of the Blue Green onto the prima flower and topped it off with a metallic rub on. The image is from the Girls About Town collection.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...that is a stunning card. Well done and thanks for joining in the copics colour challenge

Shell

Paula said...

You continue to keep coming up with some great cards Adele - no idea where you get the time. Loving the images you use as well :-)

Juliet said...

This is beautiful Adele, the colouring is just perfect and I love the colour combo.
Julietxx

Paula's ponderings said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Adele! Just perfect colouring and great that you mixed the copics and prismas! Thank you for joining us, and the best of luck!

Claire Mackaness said...

Thats super Adele, I'm defo tempted by Copics. What scissors do you use to cut out your images by the way? They are always so perfectly done LOL

Hazel said...

Anyone would think you'd been using copics for years - this is so well coloured - gorgeous card (must have a look and join in the challenge). x

Max said...

Super result.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wow - fabulous colouring....the colours work perfectly and the image is gorgeous....I have both copics and promarkers and love them both...very often I use a mix of both on my cards so well done for cracking it so quickly..they take a bit of getting used to dont they but are definite must-haves and give amazing results...like this! xx

Suzanne said...

All I can say is wow!

Louly said...

Aw Adele this one's just gorgeous!