Sunday 25 April 2010

Dottie's World - Textures galore!



Hi everyone, sorry - I have been a bad,bad blogger. Life, the school holidays, decorating, gardening, paperwork and a severe lack of an internet connection have not been in my favour but I still live in hope that I will find my crafty mojo once again.

Nevermind, my craft room is looking a little tidier, my garden a little less jungle-like and I have a little less white gloss paintwork to do to. At least a bit of progress has been made!

This week it is my turn to set the challenge over on Dottie's World and here it is:




Textures Galore!
"I would like you to include several different textures on your creations this week please. This could be felt, embossing, stitching, feathers, ribbon etc.....as long as you include a Charmed Download, the rest is up to you."



Now I cheated a bit on this week's card by using loads of scraps, a sort of stripey serendipity of offcuts. I dusted off the sewing machine and stitched around the edge and brought a bit of continuity to the background by attacking it with some Glossy Accents- which also added a bit of texture and interest. This didn't show up that well but hopefully you can make out what I mean.

Anyway, here's the finsihed card!


My choice of textural effects include; stitching, glossing accents, ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing, I also gave the card a bit of dimension using the flowers and some 3D pads on the image. I know it looks rather wintery rather than the pretty Springlike colours that are "in" at the moment but this is what caught my eye....and I went with it!

Please pop over to Dottie's World and join in the challenge.


Watch this space to as I will be choosing the
2 lucky Blog candy winners
I promised aaaaages ago!








I used "Market Day" image from the Sugar and Spice Collection.

4 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

OMG! Adele this is just gorgeous, I love everything about this, all the different textures, the colours its awesome. xx Thanks for stopping by my blog, glad to hear things are starting to get back to normality for you and you now have less glossing to do! (Thats the worst part of decorating!)

Karen Mortensen said...

Just fabulous Adele, rich gorgeous colours, beautiful colouring. Smashing work as always.

Great challenge
xxx

Lynne said...

Hi, Great blog, I've just become a follower. I love Charmed digi images and have got loads and it's great to have a challenge blog for them and great inspiration, thanks :) x

Julie said...

Your card is lovely.