Saturday 23 June 2012

Another man's card!



Trying desperately to catch up with life after a hectic week or so, I can't see things improving much until the end of term. Counting the days until I finish work and the children finish yet another school year! Jack has one more week doing his Key Stage 3 subjects then starts his GCSE timetable the first week in July. I can't believe it, he is growing up so fast- only a few more months and then I will be the mother of a teenager! EEEEK!

Anyway, this week we celebrated Chris's birthday and as usual I left everything to the very last minute to make him a card! (Shame on me!) I keep on promising myself I will change and be more organised, but there are always so many hurdles to jump I so often faulter!

I eventually decided on a fairly quick card using one of the freebie stamps I got on the front of a mag. I did a bit of paper piecing to make up a little checked shirt which I then inked a bit to give a bit of shadow and dimension. Coloured with my Prismas again and added a few touches of Glossy Accents for detail.





I chose this paper and colour scheme to match the challenge over at Crafts by Carolyn's where your creation needs to include red, white and blue with a bit of bling. Now I don't really do bling but as a "blingish" addition to the metallic mesh and a bit of gloss I did include a tiny little crystal heart!

Got LOADS of cards to make for forth coming events, some how I just need to find the time to make them!

x X x

1 comment:

Hazel said...

It's a super card - sure he loved it x