Saturday 18 January 2014

My first attempt with Chalk Paints and wax!!!

Back in September I managed to win an old school deskfrom the 60's from Ebay, which unfortunately is still sitting in my conservatory waiting for my to complete it's revamp! But at the same time I also won two, large gold framed mirrors for a bargain price. Having the Chalk Paint and wax left over from the dask re-vamp, I got to work.


Our downstairs toilet is North Facing, with quite a small window, so it is quite dark. We also had a small mirror in there which Amelia couldn't see into, so once I had  painted one of my bargain mirrors, it seemed the ideal place to put it.

It does look rather oversized but I actually quite liked that. It reflects light from the window and has really helped brighten the tiny little room!




I have tried to angle my photo so that you cannot see where Amelia has drawn love hearts all over my door! LOL. One of these days we will get around to taking the door off it's hinges, sanding it down and sealing it!
ONE DAY.............................I may be able to show you the revamped desk too!

Bye for now.

Adele.

xXx



2 comments:

Kath said...

Fabulous, Adele. A really good piece of work.

Liz said...

Well done ..... looks good