Sunday 30 July 2017

London tourist!

Hubby is starting a new project at work, in a hospital just off Harley Street and needed to be present for some work on site at 8am this morning. Seeing as Amelia is staying with her Nan and Grandad for a few days, we decided to make the most of the opportunity and I travelled up to London with him. I took my Kindle and expected to sit in some drafty corridor or at best, a hospital cafe while I waited for him. He signed in and asked the Estates Manage if there was anywhere I could wait, he guided my to the Library, a lovely, fairly plush room with Royal connections, fine artwork on the walls and cabinets displaying jewellery and items of historic value! I sat and read my book in luxury and comfort. Result! LOL

Once Chris was finished we had a coffee and a bite to eat and had a wander around London. It's something I have done so little since moving out of London and then leaving Lloyds Bank back in 1994!!!!EEK despite that it was the first time I walked around and felt like a tourist.

Amongst the places we visited were Neal's Yard, crammed full of people and colour and a place I have only ever seen before online.



After that we strolled along to Covent Garden and watched some of the street entertainment. Where else could you go from seeing a man on a unicycle whip a flower from between the butt cheeks of his fellow performer and then on to listening to the cultured sounds of a string quartet! LOL


After that a quick tipple in a nearby pub before we ventured back home via Ebbsfleet high speed train service. Such a lovely day, just wandering around as and where we pleased with no real agenda.

Suffering this evening though even after a few pain killers and a very long, hot bath of Epsom Salts and Lavender oil! If I am determined not to let the pain stop me from doing some of the things I want to do, then I need to accept the increase in pain that follows! 

Would I do it again if I had the chance.....of course I would. Lovely day with hubby, thank you.

Adele
xXx


No comments: