Tuesday 17 April 2018

Di's Digi Stamps, Kit and Clowder and Copics!!!!

After being on such a high from my previous colouring class, I decided to used the information and techniques from Cupcake/Marker Class....and apply them to the Squeak Shake image that jumped into my basket while me back was turned!

WELL, it didn't start very well. I was aiming for a really dark, rich chocolate sauce but ended up with a "sticky"mess and the combination of Earth Colour Copics was just not working. I scribbled on it and threw it to one side.

I had been on such a high after colouring up the Cupcake Class and there was no way I was going to let it defeat me!

I went back to the drawing board and this time, I aimed at more of a milk chocolate or caramel sauce! LOL


I have noticed that when I am working "alone" rather than following a Class Video, I do tend to rush. I suppose it's almost hard wired into me being conscious of the time/being self indulgent vs. Relaxation and enjoying my creative time. I think it's a good thing to be aware of.

There are quite a few elements on this image that will put me out of my comfort zone but I am able to apply techniques from the Cupcake Class to help soften the blow. The icing, the mice, the strawberry.....it's all a learning curve to enjoy.

Copic Colours used for sauce:
E57, E35, E33 and E53


Adele
xXx

No comments: