Friday 21 July 2017

Crazy Lady vs.Tim Holtz Bird Crazy


Yesterday I was feeling rather low, pain was getting the better of me and I really didn't feel like doing much at all apart from slumping n the settee! I still slumped...but I slumped with my Copics and some images I had already stamped for my latest purchase....Tim Holtz- Bird Crazy!!!

I started trying out one or two different birds and decided to use some wacky colours, some of those Copics that are in my collection but rarely used. It was quite good to look at colour combinations again too as I really need to brush up on which markers bend together nicely.

As I went on, colouring more and more different birds a thought came to mind on how I could use them on a Thank You card for Amelia's School!


I put the cut and coloured images to one side cut to a piece of Copic card to size to layer onto an A5 card. Then I did a bit of masking, a very basic technique but something I haven't done for years!!!
I stamped up a row of four birds directly onto the card to form the back of the "crowd" and then decided how to position the others in front taking the shape of the birds and the colours into consideration. I took a snap of this to use as a reference before starting to colour up the back row of birdies! Once all the birdies were coloured, and one was glittered, I stuck them into their little flock using glue for some and 3D pads for others.

My printer decided it wasn't going to connect up so I ended up having to hand write "Thanks" amongst the flock and instead of the printed insert I had planned, it ended up as a hand written scrawl! 

I cannot remember exactly what the greeting was but it went along the lines of the staff at the school being in all shapes and sizes, some merging into the back ground and other being upfront and all sparkle and shine, but one thing they all have in common is such a positive and caring attitude towards supporting our children.....blah, blah, blah...


I simply LOVED making this card, so quirky, colourful and fun and so different 
from anything else I have really made.

PS....Ssshhh....I still have the Crazy Cat set to try out yet!!!

This card meets the criteria over at:






Right, that's enough waffle for now...those Crazy cats await! LOL

Adele
xXx

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Awesome job, Tim Holtz would be proud. Love the coloring and thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.

Leanne DT/OCS

Bev said...

Oh wow I just adore the crazy birds and you've done a fab job. So bright and vibrant. Thanks for playing along at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge!

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Stunning card and great colours.br />Thanks for joining us at Crafting With Friends
Hugs
Claudia

DT Crafting With Friends

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
http://crafting-with-friends.blogspot.be